The other day when I was driving home from Tulsa I had a very intimate moment with the spirit which led to minutes of extreme joy that I couldn't contain. I was so comforted by the spirit that I started crying tears of joy and could not stop. I was feeling so much joy that I never wanted it to end. I have never experienced anything like those 5 minutes in my entire life. At that moment I realized so many things.
First off was that the holy spirit is something that I do not seek and desire as much as I am made to do and that it is always by my side in every step I take. I also realized how fulfilling it is to have your trust placed in the hands of Jesus Christ. Those moments of extreme joy gave me a taste of how much more fulfilling the spirit is than anything on this earth. We all search for things of the world to fulfill us, but the holy spirit is the most accessible and is so much better than anything else. It is a joy that has meaning, truth, and feeling of complete freedom in knowing that Jesus is with you. It is the joy that God intended us to experience and it holds truth. It gives us the feeling of a confident purpose in existence. The purpose of living for the glory of God and putting your trust in the love that goes beyond our understanding knowing that you were made to spend eternity in heaven with the creator of the universe. There is nothing that compares to it. Nothing.
Changing the topic. Some days I just sit back and feel confused and think to myself "what in the world are we doing here and what is going on?" I believe everyone asks this question. It is a question that will keep any person up for hours on end trying to understand the purpose of life. We are just another generation that will pass in the blink of an eye. We were built for something more than this temporary world. We are eternal beings and are minds are built for that thinking. The thing is, we can never grasp how big our God is, so to ponder the questions of purpose will last forever. Our main desire is love and that is why we exist and that is what God offers us. The greatest gift anyone could ever give someone. An eternity spent in love and peace. There will be no tears and no pain. An eternity is something my mind has never been able to grasp. Eternity is never ending. never. I cant even begin to process that in my mind. When I think about that, it makes me realize how short we really do have here. This motivates me to seek God so much because I want to be close to my father who I will spend forever with in perfect harmony and get to know him better. This is what gives us purpose and meaning. To seek intimacy with the perfect and only true love; Jesus Christ.
- The bible is the number 1 selling book in the world and the message of Jesus Christ is being preached to all nations. The truth is Jesus and nothing else matters. Seek and you will find life. There is love there beyond our understanding.
Verses that pertain to this post
- Matthew 28:19
- Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
- John 14:16-17
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever-- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you
- 2 Corinthians 13:14
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all
- Romans 8:14
Because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God
- Romans 8:26
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
Seek truth and meaning
there is more than what is in front of you
No comments:
Post a Comment