My whole entire life I have always struggled so much with how others viewed me. I wanted to please everyone and spent so much time trying to appeal to anyone and everyone. Sometimes it would get so ridiculous that I would change my personality just to fit in with certain people. Now that I am walking with my savior Jesus Christ I have got to get past that and be who he wants me to be rather than please anyone else. If I really believe in my heart that God loves me so much more than a human ever could and that I cant even comprehend how great and unconditional his love is for me, then the fear of man should disappear.
I am getting better with it but somehow still struggle with it every day. In a fallen world with so many people comparing themselves to others and striving for personal reputation I find myself letting these things take over my thoughts, which goes against my Lord because he says the greatest command is to love your Lord God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength. 2nd is love your neighbor as yourself. I know that I am going to get better at it with God's help. If I really want to follow God's will for my life then I need to step out and follow him no matter what that looks like to he world, which did I mention is a fallen world anyways. My passion is with you Lord and please help me to understand that at the end of the day there is no one else I would rather be with than you. So knowing this, help me to feel your presence throughout the day and help me focus on your plan because you have made great plans for me under your will already. The fear of man will only lead me astray from your perfect will.
Here are some verses that go along with this topic that have helped me.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind
2 Timothy 1:7
So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me
Hebrews 13:6
The fear of man bringeth a snare; but those who put their trust in the Lord shall be safe
Proverbs 29:25
But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened
1 Peter 3:14
2 comments:
This is such a good word for anyone at any age. We want you to know that we love you just the way you are! Have a wonderful week, and give my sweet Missy a hug for me :)
You are such a blessing to me! I love your heart :)!
Post a Comment