Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tasting the Lord

For the last several weeks I have been walking with a hardened heart and had moments of freedom but really didn't know how to make that more accessible and I really felt lost for awhile. Sometimes I really forget the heart of the Christian faith and get too consumed with knowledge instead of growing in my intimate relationship with the Lord. I understand things because of my knowledge consumption, but I don't experience it enough, and I feel like that is what the lord has been trying to show me. I have had a religious spirit over me for awhile, but I really feel like this past weekend freed me from this mindset and stagnant and unfulfilling walk.

I went to a church this weekend in Norman and the way the spirit moved there really freed me up from a lot of heaviness that has been on me. When I walked in I saw people dancing to worship music and crying out to the lord and experiencing him intimately. This was so amazing to see and I started getting pumped up. It was so amazing to see my brothers and sisters in Christ just enjoying God and really experiencing real freedom in the Lord. This freedom is what the lord wants us to experience. He wants us to lay our burdens and worries down and feel free in his spirit and be filled with the joy that it brings. He wants us to see that this is not reality and there is obviously more that he has in store. The moments the spirit fills you up is where you get a taste of what truth is and I want more of this in my walk. I am desperately wanting to seek the presence of the holy spirit more.

I know a lot of times in the past when I have attended churches I don't feel the freedom that God wants us to experience and I feel constricted. This is the religious spirit that is taking over me and our churches and I truly pray that the church sees the religious spirit that is overtaking it and tries to come back to the heart and enjoy God instead of letting too much structure take over. Some structure is not a bad thing, but too much takes away from what the Lord has for us. We all want more than just a overly-structured sunday morning and it is available through the joy of the spirit and its presence. I pray today that me and the rest of believers really strive to be more intimate with the Lord. I want it and I know everyone else does, so lets be filled with the joy of the spirit and let it take us over.

The Christian walk is so much more than what we have made it and I am excited to see more believers really persevere to become intimate with him and follow his will with everything in them in the assurance that the heavenly rewards are what matters and everything here will turn to dust.

There is More Than This

1 comment:

The Stricklands said...

HI sweet Dan. Jason preached on a religious spirit last Saturday. Such an eye-opener for me. I have also struggled with a hard heart and judgmental spirit lately. If you have time, listen to Jason's word - I think it will encourage you even more. Love you dearly!!!