Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Glory of God

I have been more aware lately that a lot of things I do are usually for my glory and when you really take the time to notice it, it is everywhere. It is in our sinful nature to be selfish and only the love of Christ and a relationship with him can help us to become more unselfish and give the glory to God. When you look at the gospel there a couple things that really stand out, and are repeated over and over again. How many times does Jesus say "ye of little faith" ? I don't know the exact number, but it is several times. Faith is the essence of our relationship with the lord and then the gospel also states over and over about the denial of one's self. If we could put our pride away and focus solely on giving God the glory then we will find life. God is love and he views us as holy and blameless. Let us give him the glory because he has given us the gift of eternal life.

I really want to grab a hold of these things and let the lord work in me to help me become closer to him and show his light to the world. I do not want to grow with the motives of self-improvement or Godliness for gain, but to give the Glory to God. That is my prayer for today. The lord has promised us things that we cant conceive and haven't seen or heard. I desire these things and the Lord is good no matter the circumstances. What we see is not reality.




1 comment:

The Stricklands said...

If you get a chance, listen to Jason's sermon from Saturday night. It so goes with what you wrote today. Love you bunches! Come to Amarillo sooooooon!